Project: solving the Boussinesq equation
- Thursday, 22 October 2009 12:08
- Hits: 11183
The objective of this project is to study a paper by Lockington and coworkers on the Boussinesq equation.
Last Updated on Thursday, 09 May 2013 09:53
Selected Topics in Fluid Dynamics
- Monday, 01 December 2008 12:56
- Christophe Ancey
- Hits: 3427
Fluid dynamics and rheologyCourse in English (24h, 2 credits):
- fluid dynamics and continuum mechanics: balance equations
- mathematical tools for fluid dynamics: similarity equations, matched asymptotic expansion, hyperbolic differential equations (one-space problem) and shock formation.
- inverse problems: deterministic approach (singular values, Tikhonov regularization, Legendre polynomial expansion), stochastic approach (Markov Chain Monte Carlo simulation, Gibbs sampling). Model calibration. Application to rheometry: the Couette problem.
- rheology and rheometry.
MAA110Room MA110. Timetable: 13h15-15h every Friday.
The intent of this course is to provide mathematical tools and fundamentals of fluid dynamics and rheology.
- lecture notes for the 2011 courses (in progress!)
- Homework (deadline: 27 January 2012).
- Course schedule
- lecture notes for the 2009 courses
- lecture notes for the 2005 and 2007 coursesPhase portrait. Similarity. Solution to Exercise 2.7 using Mathematica
Last Updated on Saturday, 20 April 2013 04:54